Last updated on September 19th, 2018
Got a runner’s Christmas stocking to fill this Christmas and you decided to add some stuffers that cater to their sport of choice? Then this list of 25 great stocking stuffers for runners is going to help you.
My wife is a runner who runs quite often and joins 21k races… Since she did not have time to write lately, I asked her and these are her choices.
Running Safety Stocking Stuffers
Stocking stuffers that are not super sexy, but will enhance the safety of your running loved one.
- Road ID Bracelets. Makes one identifiable.
- Fluorescent Ear Buds. These earbuds glow in the dark, making this an essential for a runner who runs at night time.
- Reflective Running Cap. Same as the one above. Glows in the dark, keeps one safe from cars during night runs.
- Cap Light. For dawn and evenings runs. This will improve a runner’s safety tremendously. LightGuide looks nice and performs well.
- Pepper Spray. For self defense on those days when your runner friend had to run on very early mornings or at late night.
Entertainment-On-The-Go Stocking Stuffers for Runners
For hassle free running music.
- Smartphone Armband. If your runner is like my wife, who loves playing music on their smartphone while running, you might want to get them this super nice Lifeproof Smartphone Armband. This is sweat and water proof, making this an ideal way to carry a smartphone while running under rain. Or just running. Or just walking under the rain.
- iPod Mini. If they do not like bringing their smartphone during a run, but would want some music with them.
- Tangle-Free Ear Buds. Sometimes earbuds get all tangled up, this is a nice gift for those who have the items above. For daytime running. Night time running calls for fluorescent ear buds.
- iTunes Gift Card. To purchase music. You can also get them a pre-constructed library of upbeat, running music.
- Subscription to Spotify or Apple Music.
Stocking Stuffers for More Energy
Food stocking stuffers for runners. These will give them more energy and nutrient to help pursue the finish line better.
- Barnana Banana Chewies. These are so delicious and are made of real bananas, making them an ideal source of potassium, preventing potassium slump, which is the deadly enemy of runners.
- Banana Chips. Same as banana chewies, but less chewy and more crunchy.
- Jelly Belly Energy Candies. Contains ready to use calories for extra running energy!
- Energy Gels. Get the one that is coffee flavored, as caffeine helps utilize calories more efficiently.
- Trail Mix. Staple snack of an active sportsman. Deliciously healthy.
On a related note, how about other stocking stuffers you can eat?
Stocking Stuffers for Happy Healthy Pretty Feet
A runner is not, without his feet.
Because the runner cannot run without the feet, give them some love.
- Chitosan Socks. Absorbs smells, keeping feet from smelling like the love child of a skunk and rotten egg.
- Body Glide. Trust me on this one, my wife uses this. This is like magic. It helps skin from chaffing during runs.
- Foot Cream. This relieves the feet after a long run. Leaves the feet moist and soft and smells great, too.
- Foot File. Lets your running geek scrub those accumulated callouses away!
- Foot Scrub. Cleanses feet, and exfoliates dead skin cells, especially after filing the soles.
Other Fun Stocking Stuffers for Runners
Other Christmas Gifts for Runners
Sportswear, casual wear, running accessories that are not really essential, but are fun and nice to have.
- Funny Runner Shirt. Shows ones humour and love for running in one casual wear.
- Disposable Hand Warmers. For those who run on cold weather conditions. Toasty hands even when running!
- Running Gloves. Makes one look like a pro.
- Nathan Power Shower Wipes. For those who run outside but feel that they smell too icky after running. Just wipe your entire body with this and it leaves you smelling fresh.
- Runner’s Jewellery. Obviously for the women. Necklaces and bracelets that have “I Heart Running” or Running Shoes charms.